COVID-19 has taken a toll in every part of the world, and countries are striving hard to take measures to limit the spreading. Lockdown and self-quarantine has affected our daily food practices. Proper nutrition is vital for everyone. During the coronavirus days, one must eat healthy food to fight back the unwanted guests invading our body. Eating vegetables and fruits is a healthier option during these unusual stress times. Let’s read some of the tips to keep in mind to reduce stress during COVID-19 days.
A Better Healthy Eating Approach During Tough Times
- Consume pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are rich in potassium. Ingesting these seeds controls blood pressure and manages electrolyte balance.
- Eating fatty fish helps to calm your nerves. Fatty fish contains Omega-3 and is a hub for controlling neurotransmitters. Consuming fatty fish eliminate inflammation and increases brain functionality.
- Gobbling Brazilian nuts reduces stress due to a component known as selenium. It aids in minimizing inflammation and cell damage. Most of all, it contains anti-carcinogenic, which reduces the chances of getting cancer.
- Chocolate, from time immemorial, chocolate is known to increase the dopamine level in your body. It is highly recommended by the doctors and other medical instructors to consume chocolate as it reduces stress. Dark chocolates are the best in this case.
- Eggs contain vitamin D, protein, and amino acids. These amino acids release a happy hormone known as serotonin that helps to control your stress. A component called tryptophan is also present in eggs helping to relax your nerves.
- Chamomile is a conventional tea therapy. It helps the body to control anxiety levels and urge you to sleep. It is also famous for its other capabilities like acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and has relaxing properties.
- Turmeric is a spice and has got properties like curing many infections of your body. A component named curcumin is present that helps to manage stress and anxiety-related issues.
- Citrus and red bell peppers have a high amount of vitamin C, which helps to increase the immunity power in our body.
- Chicken and turkey contain vitamin B6. It is very vital for our body as it increases immunity power. There is a limit for consuming any food as it might result in other health issues.
- Oysters, mussels, and clams are rich in zinc, which has virus-fighting power. It also reduces anxiety, and in-turn increases immunity power in the body.
- Lastly, yoghurt. Yoghurt contains lactobacillus and bifidobacterium that helps you to maintain a healthy digestive tract. Consuming yoghurt also helps to eradicate inflammation and stress.
Staying indoors is very challenging during COVID-19. You have to wash your hands, wear a mask, and apply sanitizers to protect yourself from the virus. Apart from these hygiene steps, you can get bored and get anxiety issues. During these tough times, prepare yourself by putting a little thought into healthy food choices that can lift your stress.